We’re working hard on making sure this year’s British LGBT Awards will be a bright, bold rainbow at the end of these strange times!
Stay tuned for updates. In the meantime, here are some things you can occupy yourself with.
We are so grateful to all the NHS staff working tirelessly during this difficult time, as well as teachers, carers and other essential workers supporting our community.
We want to encourage everyone to join in with the ‘Clap for our Carers’ to show some appreciation for all those working in the NHS. Find out more here.
If you are able, you can also volunteer with the NHS to help vulnerable people stay safe at home. Roles include:
- Delivering medicines from pharmacies
- Driving patients to appointments
- Bringing them home from hospital
- Making regular phone calls to check on people isolating at home.
Want to know whether your hometown’s pride parade is still taking place? Check out a list of recent cancellations here.
A lot of LGBT+ charities are struggling because of the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that donating ££ is probably not at the top of your priority list right now – but don’t worry, you can help them just by shopping on Amazon!
If you’re getting a bit bored at home and in need of suggestions to pass the time, we’ve compiled a list of things to keep yourself occupied with.
- BFI Flare: London LGBTIQ+ Film Festival 2020 are bringing the festival to you with #BFIFlareAtHome. Enjoy watching the films from the annual film festival from the comfort of self isolation here.
#SquadSeries, featuring tech and leadership talks, AMAs, health and wellness classes, workshops, hangouts, and more.
- Have a browse through 14 of the best LGBT+ movies you can watch right now on NowTV here.
- Why not get some inspiration from Drag Race UK’s Vinegar Strokes’ new hilarious online cooking series.
- Coming soon: on the 4th April Mermaids are launching #DigiFest2020, the UK’s biggest LGBT+ live streaming festival of celebrities, live music and discussion. Definitely one not to miss!
- Some of our favourite artists are dropping new music to refresh our souls while staying in doors. Check out new music from Dua Lipa, Little Mix and Pabllo Vittar this week.
- You can also listen to audiobooks for free on audible right now; perfect for keeping yourself, or any little listeners, entertained!
- If you have a guitar sitting around your home, collecting dust because you never learned to play… good news! Fender is offering three months of free guitar lessons!
- Or if you’re more of a gamer than a musician, check out this list of the most comforting video games to play while self-isolating.
- This list of 9+ video, tabletop and other games to play during quarantine may come in handy too!
- If you’re looking for some good old fashioned LGBT+ socialisation this Friday night, why not join in with Queer House Party?
- You can also interact with Dazed on Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #AloneTogether. Let them know what you’re getting up to, and keep your eyes peeled for mental health check-ins, live beauty tutorials and yoga classes.
- Have a look at what Opening Doors London are doing to keep the LGBT+ 50+ community connected during quarantine, including telefriending and their LOVE IS NOT CANCELLED collaboration with Little Gay Brother.
Stay safe, stay hopeful and stay engaged – let us know what you’re getting up to on Twitter @BritLGBTAwards!